Wednesday 14 January 2009

BETT 09

Tomorrow I'll be traveling down to BETT for the day to see what's new in the world of educational ICT. No doubt I'll have plenty to blog about by the time I get back, but being an impatient sort of person, I can't wait until then so have decided to attempt some live video blogging from the conference itself. All this is made possible by my iPhone and a little app provided by Flixwagon. Their service allows you to stream video live from mobile phones to your Flixwagon account and then embed that video (live) into a webpage using an HTML widget. The educational implications for real-time video reporting are very interesting to say the least.
Who knows what content will get streamed tomorrow, so keep a beady eye on the screen below to find out...


1 comment:

  1. Well, the vidblogging had limited success as evidenced by the single video clip in the player (of the new SMART Table - more on this next week).
    The main issue was the data connection. I counted no less than 25 available wifi networks at times, which could have contributed to the problems I was having streaming data over wifi. 3G was 'available' but any connections I made to stream video were flatly rejected, though email was working.
    I suspect there were more than a few dongles at the exhibiton gobbling up the available bandwidth...
    So the moral of this story is: don't try and stream video over the air at an ICT exhibition. Ironic that...

    ReplyDelete